C.P.U - Crazy People United

14 Conversations

What is the purpose of CPU?

CPU is a club designed and created for people who believe they are insane (or sane as the case may be). It is a place where all crazy people may gather and talk about insane and inane subjects such as how Bill Gates is an alien from outer space and is banding together with the squirrels to take over Earth and make their own supreme empire.

How was it created?

The idea was formed on the 3rd November 2005 by Ducky and Whats_ina_name who were talking about the insanity of tourists, especially ones who visit the Lake District in North Western England. It was while they were talking (or typing, whichever you prefer) that Ducky came up with the idea that there should be a group on H2G2 where the insane people in this world should be able to chat and form friendships with each other.

It was decided by the pair that to ensure that only true insane people joined, there would have to be a test of ten questions which would have to be answered in the right manner for the applicant to be allowed to join the group.

After writing the questions, Ducky showed them to her friend and they agreed that they were suitable. After that, Ducky, with the suggestion from Whats_ina_name, created the thread which, at the time of writing, had twenty members.

The Questions

1. Do your teddies talk to you at night?
2. Whenever you go into a field of sheep, do you feel the need to hug them, squeeze them, and call them George?
3. Is your blankey out to get you?
4. Do you believe that Bill Gates is an alien from outer space and has brainwashed everyone into believing his products are actually good?
5. Have you ever seen a giant floating banana?
6. Do you enjoy playing with firearms? And if you’ve never used one, do you enjoy playing with imaginary firearms?
7. Do you believe squirrels will overthrow power and rule the world?
8. Have you ever thought pea soup was something you did in the bathroom?
9. Have you ever put your underwear over your pants?

And finally…

10. Do you believe you’re sane?

What are the answers?

Now that would be telling.

Laboratory

Where you may go to compete in a competition where the highest honour is bestowed to the person who designs and makes the best badge for the group.

A9585679

Halls of Residence

Where we crazy people work, rest and play.

A9597261

Member List (54)

Ducky (Chief CPU CEO: The Right Hon. Ms Ducky, QC, PDQ, PMT, ADHD et al.)
Whats_ina_name (Right hand woman)
King 2legs
Lord Wolfden
Batty
Wilma Neanderthal (Resident Hall Mum)
Magwitch
General Tamaire the Walrus
fundamentallyflawed
given_the_dog_a_bone
Researcher 1463359
HarpoNotMarx
If2871
Chas
Red Baron
BlueCrab
Kitush
The Death of Rats
Plasticrockchick
neongreencat
Dazzard
B'Elana
SuperGeir
bawimeko
Leo Alpha
darkogirl
Babette - Dinosaur
Cookeicate
Prof Animal Chaos
JohnnyK
miraculousrandomness
Tabitca
U5217132
Mega Chedda
LeoDreaming
Adrian-67
lurchmode
yowler
Ridge57
Moonhogg
rockcheekychimp50001
The Thinker (Our 42nd member)
Elly et al.
Terliwig Renfrew
bodiddly
RT_JFC
Aximili
dazzlingfunkygirl123
bioshadowhunter
natholie the holy nat
missCheekyTrouble
Daizzy
My_favourite_Fornia
Agnetha352


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A9587406

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more